While Sapphire isn't one of the oldest companies in the book, they have certainly made a reputation for themselves when it comes to high-end ATI based video boards. While they generally stick rather close to the overall default configuration that ATI puts out, they also tend to add in things like faster memory or VPU units that have been tested to standards that go above and beyond the normal VPU.
This brings us to today's pickings, the X850XT PE, or Platinum Edition. Not only that, but we'll be testing it in the AGP format since many of our readers have perfectly serviceable AGP motherboards and haven't felt the dire need to move on to PCI-Express as yet. This ought to make an interesting combination.
So kick up your heels and relax as we take a tour of the latest and greatest offering from ATI in the form of the X850XT and we'll see how it compares to its smaller brother, the X800XT!
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PSA: Steam kicks off their Lunar New Year Sale, you can dive right in
- Frinkiac is an incredible Simpsons-centric search engine
- Far Cry Primal is more vertical and lets you be a rock climber
- Rainbow Six Siege patch 2.0 breaks the game, fixes little
- Bethesda forced someone to destroy vinyl records to get their refund
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform