The top of the drive's midnight blue colored aluminum enclosure features a manufacturer label.
The bottom of the drive's aluminum enclosure is bare except for two tamper evident stickers.
The PCB is held in place by one screw and two locator pins. Three foam spacers are affixed to the underside of the top of the enclosure. On this side of the PCB, both the ECO and MAX are identical.
We removed the 5100 ECO's PCB from the bottom of the enclosure, and it did not come apart cleanly. The thermal paste used is sufficient for thermal conduction, but difficult to remove. We decided against scraping it off to get a better look. We also decided against removing the 5100 MAX's PCB as it could negatively impact the thermal material.
Micron provided architectural details of the major components for both drives.
Specifications and Features
Pricing: Micron's 5100 ECO 1920GB retails for approximately 45 cents per gigabyte.
Pricing: Micron's 5100 MAX 960GB retails for approximately 59 cents per gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook & Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Export Mailboxes from Exchange Server EDB to PST for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design
- Razer to launch paid to play initiative to reward fans for playing games