The top of the drive's midnight blue colored aluminum enclosure features a manufacturer label.
The bottom of the drive's aluminum enclosure is bare except for two tamper evident stickers.
The PCB is held in place by one screw and two locator pins. Three foam spacers are affixed to the underside of the top of the enclosure. On this side of the PCB, both the ECO and MAX are identical.
We removed the 5100 ECO's PCB from the bottom of the enclosure, and it did not come apart cleanly. The thermal paste used is sufficient for thermal conduction, but difficult to remove. We decided against scraping it off to get a better look. We also decided against removing the 5100 MAX's PCB as it could negatively impact the thermal material.
Micron provided architectural details of the major components for both drives.
Specifications and Features
Pricing: Micron's 5100 ECO 1920GB retails for approximately 45 cents per gigabyte.
Pricing: Micron's 5100 MAX 960GB retails for approximately 59 cents per gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand