Case Build & Finished Product
With no use for ODD bays with the standard build and in many rigs out in the wild as well, we find the center section to be wasted, where it could have been designed with the same striping as the rest of the bezel. While we do like that nothing changes, we feel it could have been done better.
Most of our test system went in without any fuss, but it wasn't long until we realized that our Zotac GTX 970 was too long to fit. We had to opt for a shorter video card, but the AIO and motherboard went in without any fight, and we even managed to keep the interior clean looking to boot.
The dust shield snaps into the rear panel without much pressure, the video card aligned well too. Even when it comes to the PSU, once the gasket is fully compressed, it is locked firmly into the case with screws.
With limited tie points, all contained in a small area, we did manage to route the wiring and keep it all cinched down to the motherboard. We do advise keeping it tidy here, or otherwise, with such limited space behind the tray, it will complicate replacing the right side panel.
When it came to sealing the Himars with the side panels, we once again could not get this left side panel to align properly. Honestly, it looks a bit drab, but at least it does offer some view of the motherboard, CPU cooler, and the video card through the clear window.
Once powered, the power button will glow with blue LED light, and there is a flicker under the reset button of blue LED as well. These match the blue LED fan in the back.
The noise emanating from the chassis is low at 31 dB, but outside of the air being pushed from the AIO, there is little flow inside of the case, or coming out of the back of the Himars.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Project CARS 2 screenshots from Gamescom 2017: DELICIOUS
- Radeon Vega 8, Vega 10 spotted: Raven Ridge APU tech?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect