Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the Himars is where a lot of the style of the case is found. With an opening in the middle for the front I/O panel and optional 5.25" bays, the bezel is designed with lines running from top to bottom, much like rays of the sun, emanating near the Rosewill badge at the bottom.
The lower section of the front bezel is removable, and we see only steel mesh behind the removed section to attempt to trap dust drawn into the HDD caddy. Inside of the chassis, there is a handle marked "pull" and allows the bays to tilt-out forward, given access to the bays inside of the steel cage.
If you were to pull on the handle as we did, you would find four plastic trays accommodating either 2.5" or 3.5" drives, which are all removable. The left most tray is where Rosewill decided to ship the box of hardware.
The front I/O panel offers the usual suspects. Things start on the left with the power button, followed by a pair of 3.5mm HD Audio jacks. Rosewill also adds a pair of USB 3.0 ports, a single USB 2.0 port, and finishes things off with a reset button.
The top of the chassis is smooth across it, angled along the sides, and even has some louvers cut in it near the back for added style. Ventilation is large in this top panel and is currently covered with the magnetic dust filter cut to fit the shape indented into the panel.
A view of the left side of the Himars shows us a smallish window which is off centered and confines the view inside of the case. We see there is a slight angle to the front bezel, and along its edge, we find the panel does not fit the case that well.
From the back, the Himars has a thick top, above the rear I/O and the exhaust fan. The seven expansion slot covers are ventilated, and the area to the right of them is also made of mesh to help with air flow. There is a total of four grommets for external water cooling found here, and a large opening at the bottom for the PSU.
On the right side of the Himars, we have similar louvers in the top panel to match those on the left, but this time we can see the side panel aligns much better. The body line sticks to the same gap along the bezel and top edge.
Under the chassis, we did find a dust filter for the PSU which slides out of the back, and also can now see the optional fan location in the middle of the floor. Around these, we find large round plastic feet which have had rubber rings applied, so the Himars will not move around easily.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives