While any keyboard can be a gaming keyboard if you need it to, that is not exactly the intent behind the MK Retro. However, when it came to playing a few maps of Doom here and there between reviews, we found no issue making the switch from writer to gamer. If you are not sure where your hand goes on a keyboard, without backlights, it may be tough to orient your hand in a dimly lit room, but with the Windows lockout key available, at least you won't exit the game by mistake fumbling around.
Playing round after round of OVERWATCH leaves us with much of the same feeling. We have no issues gaming with the MK Retro, and this is where the Windows lockout key comes in very handy as you blindly reach around for the various keys to command your characters abilities.
It is easy to tell when a movement has been made, as the report from the OARMY switches is similar to what you hear of a Cherry MX blue switch, and the feel is just about the same as well. While not intended to be gamed on, the MK Retro shows no weakness at this task, outside of features it may be lacking.
Windows and Productivity
With quite a bit of typing being dome on the MK Retro before this review, we feel that once the learning curve has been adjusted to, the MK Retro is as much of a pleasure to use as any other keyboard we have had on our desk. Of course, it is going to take some time to get used to the lack of square switches almost forcing your fingers into the proper locations, but the concave shape of these round keys has a similar effect, just a bit less noticeable.
While 6-key rollover is plenty for most to get by with, but with those that can type near the speed of light, the NKRO support and built in anti-ghosting the MK Retro comes with is greatly appreciated as well.
PRICING: You can find the AZIO MK Retro Typewriter-Inspired Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AZIO MK Retro Typewriter-Inspired Mechanical Keyboard retails for $109 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [AZIO MK Retro Typewriter Inspired Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [MK Retro Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives