The image on the right is at full load after about 30 minutes of stress testing while the image on the left is the unit sitting idle. The keyboard barely gets warm, even after a long period of intense load. The display reaches 40C, but even that is low compared to other notebooks I have tested. The unit is definitely designed to exude little heat as the components Dell has used are all designed for low power operation.
The rear of the notebook does heat up a little bit, as it is designed to do. There is a large heat sink on the rear of the unit, it's integrated into the shell of the notebook and allows the unit to stay sealed while heat moves outside.
There is a blower fan, and the fan is designed to operate where others can't, and it does spin up after heat builds up. The good news is that the fan is almost silent, even when it's blowing at full speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand