STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS's ALC1220 implementation utilizes extra amplifiers as well as Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors to improve audio quality. While the ALC1220 has its own built-in amplifier, it only amplifies a single output.
ASUS is using a Texas Instruments OPA1688A and a Texas Instruments RC4580 to add amplification to a second headphone output. Like most of ASUS's other motherboards, the audio section of the PCB is physically isolated from the rest and each audio channel is separated into different PCB layers.
ASUS is using Intel's i219v PHY to complete the Intel NIC circuit, but they also added in "LANGuard," which is designed to prevent ESD from damaging the NIC. ASUS's Wireless AC/Bluetooth solution is a Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA364A.
The motherboard uses two ASMedia ASM2142, which is ASMedia's newest generation of USB 3.1 controllers. The rear IO uses a type-C port, and ASUS has used an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and CC logic chip for the type-C port.
An ASMedia ASM1061 is responsible for providing two SATA6Gb/s ports. The ASMedia ASM1074 is a USB 3.0 hub, which takes a single USB 3.0 port from the PCH and outputs four ports for the two internal USB 3.0 headers. The second USB 3.1 controller is used for the new front panel USB 3.1 header.
ASUS has a custom chip labeled AURA onboard, I assume this is for the AURA RGB LED function. Each of the RGB LED headers gets a Texas Instruments TPS2592AA, which is an eFuse designed to protect the motherboard from incorrect RGB LED header usage.
The main SuperIO on the motherboard is a nuvoTon NCT6793D. A custom ASUS chip labeled TPU is responsible for extra features such as fan control or custom overclocking features, it's an embedded controller that ASUS can program for whatever they want. To provide HDMI from the iGPU, vendors much use a level shifter such as the ASMedia ASM1442K found here. To switch x8 bandwidth between the first and second PCI-E x16 slots, ASUS uses four ASMedia ASM1480.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard retails for $199 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard retails for £186 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and STRIX Z270G GAMING Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league