Packaging and Overview
ASUS's box design promotes the motherboard's black color theme and the RGB LED lighting capabilities. Packaging is decent; the motherboard sits inside a cardboard box.
The accessory package includes ROG coaster, 3D printing mount package, RGB extension cable, 10-in-1 cable label, two M.2 screw kits, ROG Strix stickers, SLI HB bridge, 2T2R antenna, four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, user manual, driver DVD, and CPU installation tool.
ASUS offers auto-sensing fan headers. The four headers circled in blue at 1A headers that can work in either PWM or DC mode. There is a Pump+ header circled in orange that supports up to 3A output for water pumps; it's also flexible PWM or DC mode. A temperature sensor input is circled in red and can be used as a reference for fan control.
If you have not noticed the motherboard's silkscreen is also part of its design. It allows the motherboard to become almost white, as it covers most of the motherboard. I assume it is supposed to add to the heat sink design aesthetic, and it does not look bad in person. I like ASUS's use of the silkscreen and heat sink design. It is not bright enough to stand out in a case and will blend into the background if needed. The back of the motherboard features a second M.2 connector.
The rear IO panel features Wi-Fi antenna connectors, four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, HDMI, DisplayPort, PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio output with S/PDIF optical.
The PCI-E layout isn't complicated; the first and second full sized PCI-E x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. There are two x1 slots as well that operate off the PCH. The battery for the CMOS is located above the first x16 slot. There are also six SATA6Gb/s ports, some of them share bandwidth with the M.2 slots, the manual will specify which will be disabled when different types of M.2 devices are installed.
One of the M.2 x4 PCI-E 3.0 connectors is located on the back of the motherboard, and the other is located on the front. A USB 3.0 internal header sits at the bottom of the motherboard along with two USB 2.0 headers, and an RGB LED header.
Another RGB LED header sits at the top of the motherboard near boot LEDs. A USB 3.1 20-pin internal header sits below the 24-pin connector.
All the heat sinks are held down by screws.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard retails for $199 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard retails for £186 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and STRIX Z270G GAMING Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design