If you're only now building a PCI Express system or you want to upgrade from that temporary X300 you had, the ATI Radeon X800GT is something that you will find you're going to be looking at. With both cards sitting at about the $160 USD mark, it is hard to decide which card is better. As you would expect nVidia's 6600GT does perform better in Doom 3 but ATI's X800GT does perform better in Half Life 2. Far Cry performance at stock saw the 6600GT sneak ahead but once overclocked the X800GT did make a come back - with that said though what's to say that once the 6600GT is overclocked it won't perform better again.
The X800GT is a great card - it performs exceptionally well for the price and one of the greatest advantages over owning an ATI card is the regular monthly driver updates that can quite often give us a slight performance increase.
GeCube have done a nice job by bumping up the core clock speed, adding a full version game, PowerDVD and the necessary cables to make use of TV Out. While the X800GT is a good card it may be a bit late as a lot of people have already done their mid range purchasing, though we will have to see what happens as it is the 6600GT that is still selling without any problems.
Features like the Uni Wise cooling solution, overclocking potential and regular driver updates does make the card look more attractive when placed against the 6600GT. To sum it up the GeCube X800GT offers excellent performance for the price, it's quiet thanks to the Uni Wise cooling solution and as we see more companies list the card the price should be cheaper then the 6600GT.
Uni Wise cooling solution
Increased core speed
Great overclocker thanks to the cooling design
Price to Performance ratio is excellent
GeCube offer cheaper DDR1 and DDR2 versions as well
Availability looks low
Is For / Not For
The GeCube X800GT is for people just upgrading to PCI Express and don't want to spend a fortune on a graphics card and is not for people who already own a 6600GT or are a professional Doom 3 player.
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyssey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99