The Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac's bare PCB exposes some really nice hardware.
The motherboard's VRM is in a 6+2 phase configuration for the CPU VCore and CPU iGPU voltage rails. Each of the phases uses a Texas Instruments CSD87350D NexFET, which integrated the high and low-side MOSFETs into a single package. These NexFETs as well known throughout overclocking circles as great for overclocking.
ASRock is also using 60A inductors as well as 12K solid polymer capacitors for the output filter. The PWM controller is the International Rectifier IR35201, which is being used in 6+2 phase mode. It's also worth noting that ASRock is not using phase doubling, each phase gets its own PWM channel.
ASRock is using IR3598 doublers/dual driver units in dual driver mode, so they are not being used as doublers. The memory VRM uses a single NexFET, which is the same model as those used in the CPU VRM.
The motherboard is much more revealing when you take off the shields and heat sinks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/acCircuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4