Packaging and Overview
ASRock's box design is new, and the color theme of the box is the same as that of the motherboard. Packaging is also quite good; the motherboard is well protected in a foam tray.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, WIFI antenna, IO shield, M.2 screw, case badge, manuals, and driver DVD.
ASRock offers three PWM/DC headers on the motherboard; you will have to go into the BIOS to change the mode. The two headers circled in red are 1A headers, and the single header circled in blue is 1.5A. Mini-ITX motherboards tend to have fewer headers than ATX motherboards, but I usually only see two and ASRock has put three on this motherboard.
The motherboard's aesthetics are also well done. The matte black PCB and the crimson red heat sinks look great together. If you hate RGB LEDs and the headers that are all too common these days, you will love this motherboard because it has none of that. On the other hand, if you do not want a red themed build, a large enough CPU heat sink like the NH-D15 will block the red of the heat sinks while two memory modules will hide the red DIMMs. The backside of the motherboard is quite bare, which is a good thing.
The rear IO panel offers a Clear CMOS button, Wi-Fi antenna ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, six USB 2.0 ports (one is a Fatal1ty mouse port), S/PDIF optical, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort, ThunderBolt 3/ USB 3.1 type-C, RJ-45 Gbit LAN, and six audio outputs.
A single x16 PCI-E 3.0 slot gets all the CPU's PCI-E lanes. The slot is reinforced with a metal shield to prevent GPU drooping from damaging the motherboard. An x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slot can be found on the back of the PCB.
Four SATA6Gb/s ports are angled straight up, while two more are located right below the 24-pin connector and double as a single SATA Express port. There is a USB 3.0 internal header right below the 24-pin power connector. Below the USB 3.0 internal header is the front panel header and a USB 2.0 internal header.
All the heat sinks are screwed to the motherboard and are connected by a heat pipe.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/acCircuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives