The ThinkStation P410 has its own application launcher that includes most of the latest workstation programs users might be using. It's also a list of applications that this workstation is built for. You can add any application to the list and customize CPU threading, core affinity, power management, and visual effects.
A monitor panel shows system resource usage. There are also some other features such as the ability to control Hyper-Threading and NUMA settings in the BIOS from Windows.
The software also compares your system configuration to software in the list to see if it is compatible. Lenovo's Solution Center offers diagnostic and support capabilities.
Lenovo Companion is Lenovo's version of Window's Control Panel. You can update Lenovo software through the application.
It also offers up warranty information and quick links to the user guide and even discussion forum. It also can test out system hardware.
Running a checkup will test the software side of things and optimize them. One useful tool is Intel's Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0, which allows the CPU to pick the best core and allow you to turbo it above the rest.
There are multiple BIOS' available to tune, including Lenovo's Nice UEFI Setup Utility, Lenovo Diagnostics, and Intel's ME BIOS. Lenovo's UEFI Setup Utility is loaded with almost every setting a security conscious person might want to control, and if you want to secure your machine, even more, Intel's ME BIOS allows you to lock things down even more.
Most people will never need to go into the BIOS, but if you think you might need to see what settings are available, I made sure to capture everything.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017