The enclosure shares it fluorescent blue packaging with marketing information tucked away in the bottom right corner.
The back has features listed in several languages along with a specification list to the left.
With the enclosure, we received a power adapter and USB 3.0 cable along with a small screwdriver and drive screws.
The exterior of the TX has a single-piece aluminum shell with the internals comprised of plastic.
The backside houses a rather simple I/O with just power input and USB 3.0 connectivity.
The tray area is large enough to accommodate any 3.5" drive, but it does not have mounting for 2.5" drives.
Flash Bench is where we started, again with the same Seagate SSD. Read and write started off around 390 MB/s but moved up to 400 MB/s from 8M through 512K.
Above, we have the results from CDM. We reached 389 MB/s read and 387 MB/s write giving this solution plenty of throughput for any mechanical drive you wish to install.
PRICING: You can find the Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock retails for $30 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Xiaomi's Mi 5X offers dual camera at an affordable price
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets temporary paid crates
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available