The enclosure shares it fluorescent blue packaging with marketing information tucked away in the bottom right corner.
The back has features listed in several languages along with a specification list to the left.
With the enclosure, we received a power adapter and USB 3.0 cable along with a small screwdriver and drive screws.
The exterior of the TX has a single-piece aluminum shell with the internals comprised of plastic.
The backside houses a rather simple I/O with just power input and USB 3.0 connectivity.
The tray area is large enough to accommodate any 3.5" drive, but it does not have mounting for 2.5" drives.
Flash Bench is where we started, again with the same Seagate SSD. Read and write started off around 390 MB/s but moved up to 400 MB/s from 8M through 512K.
Above, we have the results from CDM. We reached 389 MB/s read and 387 MB/s write giving this solution plenty of throughput for any mechanical drive you wish to install.
PRICING: You can find the Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock retails for $30 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017