Packaging for both these products is similar. For the dock, we have a bit of marketing surrounding a rather illuminated blue box that carries an image of the dock on the front.
The back has a features list just below we find the specifications.
The scope of delivery includes a manual, power adapter, and USB 3.0 cable.
A quick look at the dock shows us it's not much different from similar solutions. Each slot has its own LED for activity to the left.
The backside houses a rather simple I/O with just power input and USB 3.0 connectivity.
I tested the dock as I do any external solution that requires I supply the drive. We simply slap in a freshly erased SSD into the system, in the case of these two solutions from Vantec, a Seagate Nytro Client LM140 512GB. In our first run through, the dock was more than capable and reached 415 MB/s read and 410 MB/s write in Flash Bench.
Moving over to CrystalDiskMark, we topped out at 396 MB/s read and 388 MB/s write at QD32.
PRICING: You can find the Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock retails for $30 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99