WRT routers always get me excited if not for anything else, the nostalgia. However, this latest solution to carry on the tradition does have a few tricks up its sleeve. Branded the WRT3200ACM, one would be safe to think this solution is a tri-band router, like the X6 from Netgear, but in fact, you would be wrong. What we have here is just a bit of clever marketing and a router that is a dual-band AC1900 solution with a somewhat juiced up but we can't use it yet 5GHz 160MHz capable band.
Maxed out link rates work out as 2600 Mbps on the 5GHz @ 160MHz and 600 Mbps for the 2.4GHz which is where Linksys is getting the AC3200. With that said, the only way to test the full capabilities of this 5GHz 160MHz band would be to use a second WRT3200ACM, which we don't have and thus we will be testing with our standard equipment.
Pricing, Availability, and Specifications
Diving into the specifications, we have a dual-band platform aimed at very large households. You will find four gigabit Ethernet ports on the rear of the unit next to a single gigabit WAN port. Additional connectivity can be made through the USB 3.0 and somewhat out of place eSATAp USB 2.0 combo port.
At the heart of this unit, you will find a Marvell 88F6820 dual-core SoC operating at 1.8GHz paired with 512MB of DDR3, Micron for our sample. NAND flash is coming from Spansion with 256MB capacity.
As for radios, we have two Marvell 88W8964 each having its own cache of DRAM at 128MB, the radios are pushed by Skyworks amplifiers - SKY85309 for the 2.4GHz band and SKY85728 for the 5GHz band. A unique feature is the 5GHz DFS monitoring radio for 160MHz functionality also from Marvell.
MSRP of the Linksys WRT3200ACM comes in at $249.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys WRT3200ACM Smart Wi-Fi Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Linksys WRT3200ACM Smart Wi-Fi Router retails for $224 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Linksys WRT3200ACM Smart Wi-Fi Router retails for £180 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Benchmark Throughput Tests]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – File Transfer Test & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017