Z270X-Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Z270X-Gaming 9 is the best AORUS has to offer. While the Z270X-Gaming 9 uses the same Creative quad-core CA0132 Core3Di chip, it also uses a BurrBrown PCM1794 stereo DAC, a Cirrus Logic CN8416 ADC, Nichicon Gold Series electrolytic capacitors, WIMA film capacitors, two New Japanese Radio Company JRC2114D AMPs, a Texas Instruments OPA2134 AMP, and a Texas Instrument TPS5130 to power the amplifiers. The solution on the Z270X-Gaming 9 is certified at 120+dB SNR by Creative.
Two of Killer's latest Gbit NICs, the E2500s can work with the Killer Wireless AC 1535 to allow Killer's Double Shot Pro X3, which allows users to team all three NICs.
Intel's USB 3.1/ThunderBolt 3 controller is being used with the Texas Instruments TPS65982, which acts as a type-C switch and CC logic controller. Together they provide Thunderbolt 3/USB 3.1 for the type-C connector and USB 3.1 for the type-A connector on the rear IO. The motherboard also carries the PLX Technologies (now Avago) PEX8747 chip. The PEX8747 is responsible for doubling the CPU's x16 lanes to x32 for up to 4-way SLI or CrossFireX.
The Realtek RTS5411 USB 3.0 hub takes a single USB 3.0 port and produces four for the two internal headers. An ASMedia ASM1061provides two SATA6Gb/s ports. The ASMedia ASM1184e is a PCI-E hub that takes a single PCI-E lane and turns it into three for the two PCI-E x1 slots and the extra SATA controller.
I found four IT7236AFN RGB Led controllers on the Z270X-Gaming 9; one was hidden under the audio section's shield. I assume there is another hidden below the IO panel's shield. The other three control the RGBW header and on-board lighting. There are multiple ASMedia ASm1480 quick switches that act as switches and move around PCI-E bandwidth between slots and connectors.
The motherboard is equipped with two 128Mbit BIOS ROMs, and in case both of them go out, GIGABYTE's Q-Flash Plus will help you recover them through the use of a USB flash drive loaded with a BIOS ROM. The IT8951E is in charge of Q-Flash Plus. AORUS is using a new SuperIO, the IT8686E for expanded fan control as well as an ITE IT8792E for extra embedded controller functions, I assume extra fan control or overclocking feature support.
A MegaChips MCDP2800BC provides the HDMI 2.0 port on the rear IO, which supports HDCP 2.2, and will allow you to stream 4K Netflix.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-Gaming 9 Overview]
- Page 3 [AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99