Z270X-Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Z270X-Gaming 9 is the best AORUS has to offer. While the Z270X-Gaming 9 uses the same Creative quad-core CA0132 Core3Di chip, it also uses a BurrBrown PCM1794 stereo DAC, a Cirrus Logic CN8416 ADC, Nichicon Gold Series electrolytic capacitors, WIMA film capacitors, two New Japanese Radio Company JRC2114D AMPs, a Texas Instruments OPA2134 AMP, and a Texas Instrument TPS5130 to power the amplifiers. The solution on the Z270X-Gaming 9 is certified at 120+dB SNR by Creative.
Two of Killer's latest Gbit NICs, the E2500s can work with the Killer Wireless AC 1535 to allow Killer's Double Shot Pro X3, which allows users to team all three NICs.
Intel's USB 3.1/ThunderBolt 3 controller is being used with the Texas Instruments TPS65982, which acts as a type-C switch and CC logic controller. Together they provide Thunderbolt 3/USB 3.1 for the type-C connector and USB 3.1 for the type-A connector on the rear IO. The motherboard also carries the PLX Technologies (now Avago) PEX8747 chip. The PEX8747 is responsible for doubling the CPU's x16 lanes to x32 for up to 4-way SLI or CrossFireX.
The Realtek RTS5411 USB 3.0 hub takes a single USB 3.0 port and produces four for the two internal headers. An ASMedia ASM1061provides two SATA6Gb/s ports. The ASMedia ASM1184e is a PCI-E hub that takes a single PCI-E lane and turns it into three for the two PCI-E x1 slots and the extra SATA controller.
I found four IT7236AFN RGB Led controllers on the Z270X-Gaming 9; one was hidden under the audio section's shield. I assume there is another hidden below the IO panel's shield. The other three control the RGBW header and on-board lighting. There are multiple ASMedia ASm1480 quick switches that act as switches and move around PCI-E bandwidth between slots and connectors.
The motherboard is equipped with two 128Mbit BIOS ROMs, and in case both of them go out, GIGABYTE's Q-Flash Plus will help you recover them through the use of a USB flash drive loaded with a BIOS ROM. The IT8951E is in charge of Q-Flash Plus. AORUS is using a new SuperIO, the IT8686E for expanded fan control as well as an ITE IT8792E for extra embedded controller functions, I assume extra fan control or overclocking feature support.
A MegaChips MCDP2800BC provides the HDMI 2.0 port on the rear IO, which supports HDCP 2.2, and will allow you to stream 4K Netflix.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270X-Gaming 9 Overview]
- Page 3 [AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [AORUS Z270X-Gaming 9 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- Destiny 2 on PC: no dedicated servers
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning