Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 EE 3.46GHz (1066 FSB)
Motherboard(s): Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Royal (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Corsair PC5400UL DDR2 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80GB 7200RPM SATA
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 5.7
What better way to compare the 512MB GeCube X800XL then against its younger brother, the 256MB GeCube X800XL. Utilizing both 1024 x 768 and 1600 x 1200 we will see what kind of performance increase we get from a card that offers twice as much video memory in 3DMark03 and 3DMark05.
We will then be testing our normal array of games in both 1024 x 768 and 1600 x 1200 with 6 x AA and 8 x AF to see if the 512MB version of the X800XL is worth the extra money.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 340
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/
By combining full DirectX9.0 support with completely new tests and graphics, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being industry standard benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favor of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
With AA and AF off we see absolutely no difference at 1024 x 768 and 1600 x 1200.
It's not until we turn on high quality AA and AF we can see the 512MB model separate itself from the 256MB with the 512MB getting 100 points on the 256MB at 1024 x 768 and 130 points at 1600 x 1200.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 2 [The Package]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 3 [The Card]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch is all about 'playing games anywhere with anyone'
- Gabe Newell holding Reddit AmA tomorrow
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99