Accessories and Documentation
Inside of the hardware box, this is some of the gear you will find. Four wire fan clips come with this cooler, as well as a packet of Chill Factor paste, and eight fan isolation pads. We also have the backplate isolation material under the top mounting bracket, as well as the 150mm long #2 Phillips head screwdriver.
To the left in this image are eight plastic spacers. The four at the top are for AMD and are a bit larger, while the four below them are for Intel mounting. There is also the universal backplate which is drilled for AMD and Intel, and Thermalright also includes an LGA775 preload spacer to use with the backplate.
Here we have the standard standoffs for AMD and Intel mounting, and off to the right are the standoffs used for LGA2011 mounting. The longer screws on the left are used for the backplate and standoffs, the trio in the middle is to mount the cooler to the top bracket, and the shorter screws are used to attach the top bracket to the top of the standoffs.
We also wanted to show off the black TY-140 fan that comes with the cooler. This fan is a seven-blade design, the frame is taller than it is wide, and it gets power from the 4-pin connection which runs down the sleeved wiring.
The manual which is supplied with the Macho Direct is quite comprehensive. There is a list of all the parts you will need to have for installation to check against the hardware that was supplied in the box to start things off. After this, you will find renderings and basic text descriptions to take you through the standard Intel mounting, specific instructions for LGA2011, and yet another section on AMD mounting so that no user will have issues when it comes to getting the Macho Direct up and running properly on any motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the Thermalright Macho Direct CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermalright Macho Direct CPU Cooler retails for $48 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Thermalright Macho Direct CPU Cooler retails for £45 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright Macho Direct CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse