Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
The ROCCAT SOVA MK front panel of the packaging leaves little to the imagination as to what this product is for. Of course, there are mentions of the mechanical switches, the layout, and just what switches are inside, but the image of a user on the couch in from of the TV says it all.
The left end displays the naming and another view of the switches, while the midsection covers things like its SWARM, MOBA, MMO, FPS, and RTS approvals. At this end, we see the features built into this lapboard, where the illumination, software, Easy-Shift, polling rate, sound feedback, and anti-ghosting are all mentioned.
What you do not see on this longer side is a reference to some of the accessory parts, and a long view of the SOVA MK. At this end, we see mentions of the 3D printing support, we can see the model number and serial number, and also some information about the company.
Both of the smaller side panels are identical, so we are only showing it once. The product name and description are off to the left end, an image of the SOVA MK sits in the middle, and the right end explains a bit about the SWARM software.
On the back, the images show how the SOVA MK can come apart in certain sections, how to use it, and what comes on it. Features are listed in the middle of the panel, while below are many repetitions of the features in various languages, with the specifications found to the right.
Inside of the box, we find our SOVA MK wrapped in an anti-static bag which also protects the finishes. The cable and mouse bungee are held in the back, while the paperwork can be found under this lapboard.
What we have here is the mouse bungee or cord tending bracket. It is upside down from the way in which it installs, but from this angle, we can see the groove for the mouse cable, and the teeth which help grab the cable and keep it in place.
The four-meter cable has a rubberized coating on it, and connects to the keyboard with a specialized end, and is how the cable breaks away from the lapboard. There is a hook and loop strap offered so you can always keep the cable tidy, but at the end of the cable, we find two USB 2.0 connection to power the keyboard as well as the extra pair of USB 2.0 ports on the SOVA MK.
The quick-install guide is just that. It is very basic as it shows how to connect the SOVA MK cable, and how to connect it to the PC. The rest of it shows features specs, and a few images of the product. The smaller insert offers disposal information, as some locations require special care if and when the SOVA MK should stop working after the warranty expires.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard retails for $199 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard retails for £170 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard]
- Page 4 [SOVA MK Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017