Our time with the Clutch G1 has been very pleasurable with only one issue that comes to mind. That issue is that with our grip style, using a relaxed grip, the mouse felt too long at times, due to the curvature of the top. For those using a claw or fingertip grip, all of the buttons are easy to access, and the height of the mouse is much less of an issue.
The range of CPI is good, the feel is great in your right hand, and the Clutch never missed a beat. The rubberized coating along with the shape of the side panels made using and lifting the mouse easy, even when our hands were hot and sweaty, we had no issues getting a firm grip on the Clutch G1. We also found the various profiles to be handy, and even with a basic Macro recorder, we were still able to program them and use them, you just cannot do any tweaking to them afterward, which could be bad for some users, but for us, we made it work.
On top of form and function, there are the parts inside to consider. The PMW3310 is an optical sensor with excellent tracking abilities, and no matter how fast we tried to move it, we never saw the pointer or crosshairs skipping a beat. The Omron switches are sturdy and have a solid feel to them, and with these offering ten million clicks, it will be a long time before any wear starts to show. Using Huano switches as secondaries can be good or bad depending on the user. They are softer than some of the other options and may be accidentally pressed. We also noticed that the sound from them is faint, so there isn't a very audible signal that you messed up either. Outside of a select few minor things, we still feel that Fnatic Gear and this Clutch G1 are on the right path, and is a huge step forward from what we can recall of the Func products.
What you are left with is a solid and easy to use configurable optical mouse that is ready for you to give it your best. Whether gaming or using it in a productivity sense, the Clutch G1 is a mouse you should consider when making your next purchase. While they do leave left-hand users out of the game, the fact that it costs only $59.99 is a steal for right-hand gamers out there. From the onset, you feel like you are getting something special as soon as you see the box, and that high-end feel is carried out all the way through to its components and usage.
Fnatic Gear has a long road ahead of them to immerge as a power player in the peripherals market, but if they keep making products like the Clutch G1 eSports grade optical gaming mouse and improving with time, they have a real chance at becoming a favorite to many users out there.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||93%|
|Bundle and Packaging||97%|
|Value for Money||94%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||95%|
The Bottom Line: Nearly a perfect product, the Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 delivers the goods! It is comfortable, easy to use, customizable via software, and while made for right-hand users only, it is one of the better mice to come across our desk.
PRICING: You can find the Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 eSports Grade Optical Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Fnatic Gear eSports Grade Optical Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Clutch G1]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- AMD Radeon Vega details coming on February 28
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood