be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro Full-Tower Chassis
Most the front of the chassis is comprised of an aluminum skinned door panel, which is flanked on either side by orange trim and black mesh. It is angled at the top and the bottom, and offers a sleek aesthetic from this view.
The front door swings to the right and can be reversed, but exposes it sound absorbing belly skin. On the chassis, we find a removable dust filter and plastic bay covers, and if you look closely near the top, you can also see the fan speed switch and the button for LED color changing.
The front I/O panel is built into the angled section but continues with more brushed aluminum. Here you find the USB 3.0 ports, HD Audio jacks, the power button, the reset button, an HDD activity LED, and it concludes with a pair of USB 2.0 ports.
The top of the chassis continues with the brushed aluminum, as most of the ventilation is on the sides, but there are some slots along the back to help with that as well. Nearest the front edge, that rectangular shape you see there, that is the QI charger.
In only the Pro model will you get the left side panel made of an amber tinted, tempered glass panel, which is 4mm thick. This offers a full view of the interior, and glass seemed to be one of the newer trends in chassis design lately.
The back of the case offers the exhaust fan and rear I/O panel at the top in the default orientation. Below that we find eight expansion slots with passive ventilation next to it, and at the bottom we see covers over where the PSU is to install, but there is a connection and a switch built onto the back.
If you bought the vanilla version, the left side panel would look much like this. In the 900 Pro, only the right side is made of steel and offers a venting area which is backed with a filter on the inside of the panel.
Since the bottom of the chassis also draws air in from the side mesh, be quiet! has used a brushed aluminum panel to cover here as well. The feet are chunky, made of plastic, moved as far our as possible, and use rubber pads on them for grip.
PRICING: You can find the be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro Full-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro Full-Tower Chassis retails for $197 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro Full-Tower Chassis retails for £193 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Dark Base 900 Pro]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset