Both the desktop and monitor come in Razer themed boxes, which supply a good amount of protection for the components inside.
The PC is protected by large Styrofoam inserts, and around these inserts are the boxed Razer Mamba Tournament Edition gaming mouse and Razer Blackwidow Chroma gaming keyboard. The monitor is also encased in Styrofoam and comes with many cables and supports for the display.
The Razer Blackwidow Chroma gaming keyboard uses Razer's mechanical switches, and each key has a built-in RGB LED which can be programmed independently of other keys. The Razer Mamba Tournament Edition gaming mouse has a 5G gaming mouse sensor with support for up to 16,000 DPI; it also has some nice built-in RGB LEDs. I will show off the RGBs in both products later in the article.
The side panel of the Y900 RE has some ventilation holes and a tempered glass window, and the front of the unit has a carbon fiber pattern and a centered Lenovo "Y" logo with RGB lighting. The right side of the unit is bare of any features, and all along the sides and top are ventilation ridges.
The rear of the unit features an exhaust fan that uses anti-vibration plugs, the IO panel, GPU outputs, and PSU AC power port. You should always use the video outputs of the GPU and not those of the motherboard. The IO panel of the motherboard features two USB 2.0 ports, HDMI, DVI, VGA, four USB 3.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN port, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF out. The GPU provides one DVI port, one HDMI port, and three DisplayPorts.
The PSU has an AC power port with two status LEDs. A slider switch at the top of the unit can release the lock on the side panel so you can open the unit. The front/top of the unit features four USB 3.0 ports (one is a charging port), an SD card reader, headphone and mic jacks, and the power button.
An angled shot of the rear/top of the unit reveals the angled venting and handle section so you can move the PC with a single hand. The Y900RE comes with a DVD ODD and pressing the edge of the silver panel will open the drive bay.
The monitor's curve is noticeable and quite glorious. If you are worried about the curve messing with your visual perception, I can attest that you quickly get used to it and don't notice it.
At the rear of the monitor are two large RGB LED panels, and you can configure them through the included software. The monitor also has two USB 3.0 ports, a headphone jack, and a headphone holder.
The monitor has two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, DisplayPort, and DC power jack.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup & System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Bungie couldn't get Destiny 2 to hit 60FPS on consoles
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience