Using the software
MSI includes a piece of software in the package simply called DVB-TV (short for Digital Video Broadcasting) which works with the Digi VOX. The software is stable and is easy to use and configure.
Your available channels are listed on the right in the favorites list and the panel below the viewing area allows you to change channels, play and stop TV, pause (yes, you can pause live TV), record and so on. The software is basic but does everything that is required.
The record function is quite cool - simple press the record button and recording will start instantly and when you are finished just press the stop button. The end result is a raw (uncompressed) MPEG-II file dumped to your hard drive. The recordings we tried were very similar to the actual TV quality which is very impressive - for example, a recording just over two and a half minutes resulted in a 188MB file. This means a typical TV episode around 30 minutes (including ads) will be almost 2.5GB uncompressed but later you could compress the recording into DivX and have a much more workable file size to suit your needs.
You can also setup scheduled recording just like with an older VCR unit with once, daily or weekly recording options. You can also capture screens by pushing the capture button which dumps a BMP file to your hard drive.
Our only real gripes with the software are that the mouse cursor isn't hidden after a certain amount of time which means you have to manually move the point out of the picture. Additionally, the screensaver and hibernation features of Windows are not disabled by the software which is annoying. Other video players usually disable the mouse pointer and screensavers and hibernation once you go into full screen mode and this would have been a better feature for the DVB-TV software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent