Using the software
MSI includes a piece of software in the package simply called DVB-TV (short for Digital Video Broadcasting) which works with the Digi VOX. The software is stable and is easy to use and configure.
Your available channels are listed on the right in the favorites list and the panel below the viewing area allows you to change channels, play and stop TV, pause (yes, you can pause live TV), record and so on. The software is basic but does everything that is required.
The record function is quite cool - simple press the record button and recording will start instantly and when you are finished just press the stop button. The end result is a raw (uncompressed) MPEG-II file dumped to your hard drive. The recordings we tried were very similar to the actual TV quality which is very impressive - for example, a recording just over two and a half minutes resulted in a 188MB file. This means a typical TV episode around 30 minutes (including ads) will be almost 2.5GB uncompressed but later you could compress the recording into DivX and have a much more workable file size to suit your needs.
You can also setup scheduled recording just like with an older VCR unit with once, daily or weekly recording options. You can also capture screens by pushing the capture button which dumps a BMP file to your hard drive.
Our only real gripes with the software are that the mouse cursor isn't hidden after a certain amount of time which means you have to manually move the point out of the picture. Additionally, the screensaver and hibernation features of Windows are not disabled by the software which is annoying. Other video players usually disable the mouse pointer and screensavers and hibernation once you go into full screen mode and this would have been a better feature for the DVB-TV software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'