Using the software
MSI includes a piece of software in the package simply called DVB-TV (short for Digital Video Broadcasting) which works with the Digi VOX. The software is stable and is easy to use and configure.
Your available channels are listed on the right in the favorites list and the panel below the viewing area allows you to change channels, play and stop TV, pause (yes, you can pause live TV), record and so on. The software is basic but does everything that is required.
The record function is quite cool - simple press the record button and recording will start instantly and when you are finished just press the stop button. The end result is a raw (uncompressed) MPEG-II file dumped to your hard drive. The recordings we tried were very similar to the actual TV quality which is very impressive - for example, a recording just over two and a half minutes resulted in a 188MB file. This means a typical TV episode around 30 minutes (including ads) will be almost 2.5GB uncompressed but later you could compress the recording into DivX and have a much more workable file size to suit your needs.
You can also setup scheduled recording just like with an older VCR unit with once, daily or weekly recording options. You can also capture screens by pushing the capture button which dumps a BMP file to your hard drive.
Our only real gripes with the software are that the mouse cursor isn't hidden after a certain amount of time which means you have to manually move the point out of the picture. Additionally, the screensaver and hibernation features of Windows are not disabled by the software which is annoying. Other video players usually disable the mouse pointer and screensavers and hibernation once you go into full screen mode and this would have been a better feature for the DVB-TV software.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99