Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products. With ATTO, we are looking at maximum sequential performance with compressible data.
Compressible sequential read/write transfers max out at 547/530 MBs. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. Performance gets a bit choppy when the drive is loaded up with data. Maximum sequential performance is achieved at 512KB transfers.
The UV400 displays choppy write performance when the drive is loaded up with data. This is common behavior for many planar TLC SSDs; the BX200 is an extreme example of choppy write performance. Overall, the UV400 is running in the middle of our test pool.
Read performance smooths out somewhat, but it is still a bit choppy for our liking. The UV400 runs in the middle of the pack up to 4KB transfers. Beyond 4KB transfers, the UV400 is outperformed by the rest of the test pool.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16. With Anvil's, we are focused on the total score.
Anvil's scoring typically provides us with a good indication of a drive's overall synthetic performance. The UV400 returns a good overall score. We want to see a score of 4,500 or higher from a planar TLC drive - the UV400 scores almost 4,900.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The UV400 outperforms the BX200 and the SP550. The Phison S10-powered drives in our test pool easily outperform the UV400.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
At first glance, the UV400 looks to be the losing across the board. However, if we take a close look at the UV400 at QD1, we see that the UV400 is delivering the best QD1 performance of the bunch. We consider QD1 performance to be the most important of all the queue depths measured.
PRICING: You can find the Kingston SSDNow UV400 480GB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Kingston SSDNow UV400 480GB SATA III SSD retails for $108 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Kingston SSDNow UV400 480GB SATA III SSD retails for £111 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace, OS Volume) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications