The 3D Aurora is a great looking case and it really seems like they have designed it themselves from the bottom up which is something that a lot of companies don't do these days. With a silver finish and a bit of colour in the right places, it does look fantastic. You can also choose a black version of the case which will be available soon.
Before we continue on, Gigabyte provided these finer details about the case:
Dimension - 205 x 522 x 510 mm (W x H x D)
Front bezel Material - Aluminum
Color - Silver / Black
Side Panel - Elegant Vent Design
Body Material - Aluminum
Net Weight - 7.1 kg
5.25" drive bay (External) - 5
3.5" drive bay (External) - 2
3.5" drive bay (Internal) - 5
Expansion Slot - 7
Compatible Motherboard - ATX / Micro ATX
System Fan(front) - One 120 mm silent fan equipped with blue LEDs
System Fan(rear) - Two 120 mm silent fans equipped with blue LEDs
I / O Ports - Two USB2.0 / One IEEE 1394 / One audio
We can see our normal Power and Reset button just behind the door and 2 x 3 1/2 bays for your floppy disk, ZIP drive or some funky mod item. We then see a blue grill which does nothing but split the colours up and finally we have all the holes for the fan to pull cool air from the outside in.
Moving to the side of the case we can see that we haven't got a window but a vent to help cool air get into the CPU/Video Card area which is always helpful. You can see we have a handle on the side with a lock under it. This is where one of the set of keys come in, giving you the ability to lock and unlock the side panel - making it difficult for people to get access to all your expensive hardware.
Moving to the other side we have another lock which lets us lock the front door so no one can access the front area including those original games in your CDROM drive and power and reset buttons.
Included on the right side of the case at the front are several ports including two USB 2.0, FireWire, audio out.
Moving to the back of the case the biggest item that stands out is the inclusion of two giant 120MM fans with blue LED's which exhaust hot air from within the case. Not only is it nice to see that Gigabyte have made a spot for the fans but also actually included the fancy looking and effective fans.
As you can see there is no Power Supply included in this case which is quite common across more well known manufactures as they don't make power supplies but with the rate Gigabyte are going these days, it surely won't be long before we see "GigaPower" PSU's.
One thing you notice about this case is the weight or lack thereof - it is quite light thanks to the all aluminum body making it an absolutely awesome case for anyone who is going to be carting their PC around from LAN to LAN.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Ubuntu from USB on Asus.
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications