Inside the KM-G3
Removing a few of the keycaps, we find clear bodied, blue Outemu mechanical switches. These are tactile and clicky switches, but from some reading, we found they require only 30 grams of force to press the 4mm of travel they offer. Also, each of these switches is RGB LED backlit.
This image proves it does not cost a fortune to get better quality keycaps. With the KM-G3, rather than single shot and painted keycaps, they opted to offer double shot keycaps. This means near infinite wear time, as there is no paint to wear off in this design.
After removing near 20 screws from the exposed brushed aluminum top plate, we were then able to open the KM-G3. Inside, we find the red PCB attached to the metal plate due to the switch mounting, and there are short raised section in the lower frame to help support the PCB.
Even though this keyboard is an affordable option to grab, the quality control is not lost on AUKEY. As you can clearly see with this image, also solder points are precise, and there are no signs of residue found anywhere on the PCB.
The MCU used at the heart of the KM-G3 is this nondescript ROM chip. The numbering is from the manufacturer of this chip, and is use for identifying which programming has been flashed, and possible when in time this was done. That being said, we do not even know for sure, but we assume this to be 16-bit, with no need for a 32-bit processor for this device.
With many lighting options at our disposal after powering the KM-G3, we chose the rainbow flow mode, as it shows off many colors at once. Other modes include solid lighting, and in seven different solid colors, there is also another mode which reacts to key presses, run lights around the keyboard, lights certain groups of switches, as well as a few more. Again, well-appointed for the cost when it comes to all of the LED backlight options.
PRICING: You can find the AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £56 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [KM-G3 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes