Inside the Core G3
Inside of the front bezel, we do find a removable dust filter that is held in with tabs around it. The front of the chassis comes whipped with a pair of 120mm Turbo fans in the front, which offer good flow at 1000 RPM and do so in near silence.
Peeking into the main compartment of the Core G3, we see this is where the wiring has been tied up, and the manual and some goodies are hanging in a bag from the same tie point. The box we can see in there is housing just one thing, the PCI-e riser cable.
Inside of the front, we can see more of the TT-1225 Turbo fans. The wiring is hidden at the moment, but it is sleeved, and both fans are powered with 3-pin connections.
At the bottom, still, at the front of the chassis, we find this removable storage drive rack. This will only house two drives, but each tray has mounting holes for 2.5" and 3.5" drives. As an additional feature, since the chassis can be reoriented, screws ship with this chassis to lock the trays into the steel cage.
At the top of the Core P3, after removing the dust filter, we find the optional 120mm fan locations. Of course, the video card used and how you route the front I/O wiring may have a bearing on whether or not this location can even be used.
The motherboard tray offers a large access hole at the bottom for CPU cooler access, due to the inverted layout. The hole at the top is there to lessen the amount of metal used as our guess, as you do not need access to the PCI-e slots. The tray is clearly marked for various motherboards, and standoffs come pre-installed for ATX motherboards.
The bottom of the chassis, at the back, is where we can install an SFX PSU. There are no pads on the floor, but there is ventilation for the fans. The reason there are no pads is that the PSU does not rest on the steel section of the chassis once it is mounted with screws.
The view of the inside of the back of the chassis shows us much of what we saw from the outside. Since the expansion card secures from outside of the chassis, it leaves this plane flat from top to bottom.
Behind the motherboard tray, there is maybe 3mm of room for wiring, but the right edge of it is bent over and blocks that ability. The holes you see running down the right side of the motherboard tray support video card brackets, which make sure the unusual way in which is it mounted, it is not left flopping around inside.
All of the wiring is black, and in this group, we can see the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connections on the left, HD Audio and most of the LED and switch wires in the middle, and we can also see one of the fan leads.
PRICING: You can find the Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis retails for £62 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Core G3]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch to have Gamecube Virtual Console games
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs