X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio is driven by an ALC1150 audio codec, some Nichon Gold series audio capacitor, a PCB division between the audio signal areas and the rest of the motherboard, and a Texas Instruments RC4580 amplifier to produce 112dB stereo playback.
Two DSC80PCI800 x4 PCI-E 3.0 repeaters with equalization help to improve the PCI-E bandwidth from the CPU to the U.2 and M.2 ports. The U.2 and M.2 ports will only work when the other is not being used, and you will need a 40-lane CPU for either to work. The ASMedia ASM1142 is used as the USB 3.1 controller, and an EtronTech EJ179V is used as the type-C controller and Power Delivery chip.
An SB3572U is the RGB LED controller chip. The nuvoTon NCT6791D is the main SuperIO, and the IC labeled Macro is used to provide the Macro key feature.
A 128Mbit BIOS ROM is provided in a DIP socket, and the BIOS chip allows users to enable the USB BIOS FlashBack feature in case the BIOS gets corrupted. The ASMedia ASM1074 is a USB 3.0 hub and provides bandwidth to the two USB 3.0 internal headers.
Two chips branded TPU are embedded controllers and provide extra functionality such as overclocking or unique ASUS features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-E-10G WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design