X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio is driven by an ALC1150 audio codec, some Nichon Gold series audio capacitor, a PCB division between the audio signal areas and the rest of the motherboard, and a Texas Instruments RC4580 amplifier to produce 112dB stereo playback.
Two DSC80PCI800 x4 PCI-E 3.0 repeaters with equalization help to improve the PCI-E bandwidth from the CPU to the U.2 and M.2 ports. The U.2 and M.2 ports will only work when the other is not being used, and you will need a 40-lane CPU for either to work. The ASMedia ASM1142 is used as the USB 3.1 controller, and an EtronTech EJ179V is used as the type-C controller and Power Delivery chip.
An SB3572U is the RGB LED controller chip. The nuvoTon NCT6791D is the main SuperIO, and the IC labeled Macro is used to provide the Macro key feature.
A 128Mbit BIOS ROM is provided in a DIP socket, and the BIOS chip allows users to enable the USB BIOS FlashBack feature in case the BIOS gets corrupted. The ASMedia ASM1074 is a USB 3.0 hub and provides bandwidth to the two USB 3.0 internal headers.
Two chips branded TPU are embedded controllers and provide extra functionality such as overclocking or unique ASUS features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-E-10G WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes