4. The Runner
Length: 3 chapters
Playtime: ~1.5 hours
The Runner is somewhat fun, but I find it to be the weakest of all the missions. Now, every level stands on its own merits and shines in its own way, but I didn't find the actual story to be that good. However, the gameplay was pretty solid, as always.
The opening sequence depicts the largest naval fleet ever assembled storming the beaches of Gallipoli during the Dardanelles Campaign, so you think it's going to be an awesome warship mission.
But it's not; for the most part, you're doing what the title says: running. Well, running and gunning.
You play the role of legendary Australian soldier Frederick Bishop, aka the Pride of Australia, as you blast enemies and scout locations. You're a runner, so you're the one they send to infiltrate enemy lines and gather intel and report back - but it doesn't always go to plan.
The battle sequences are enthralling as ever, and the actual town of Gallipoli is mesmerizing in detail. Everything is pristine and ripe for destruction, showing a beautiful European city wracked by war.
PRICING: You can find Battlefield 1 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Battlefield 1 retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Battlefield 1 retails for £40 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Through Mud and Blood]
- Page 3 [Friends in High Places]
- Page 4 [Avanti Savoia!]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications