4. The Runner
Length: 3 chapters
Playtime: ~1.5 hours
The Runner is somewhat fun, but I find it to be the weakest of all the missions. Now, every level stands on its own merits and shines in its own way, but I didn't find the actual story to be that good. However, the gameplay was pretty solid, as always.
The opening sequence depicts the largest naval fleet ever assembled storming the beaches of Gallipoli during the Dardanelles Campaign, so you think it's going to be an awesome warship mission.
But it's not; for the most part, you're doing what the title says: running. Well, running and gunning.
You play the role of legendary Australian soldier Frederick Bishop, aka the Pride of Australia, as you blast enemies and scout locations. You're a runner, so you're the one they send to infiltrate enemy lines and gather intel and report back - but it doesn't always go to plan.
The battle sequences are enthralling as ever, and the actual town of Gallipoli is mesmerizing in detail. Everything is pristine and ripe for destruction, showing a beautiful European city wracked by war.
PRICING: You can find Battlefield 1 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Battlefield 1 retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Battlefield 1 retails for £40 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Through Mud and Blood]
- Page 3 [Friends in High Places]
- Page 4 [Avanti Savoia!]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club