1. Through Mud and Blood
Length: 4 total chapters
Playtime: ~2 hours or so, depending on skill
This is a tank-based mission, and you'll be using the excellent British Mark V Tank (aka Black Bess) to blast enemies to shreds across Ribecourt, France. There's a nice mix of satisfying vehicle and on-foot skirmishes throughout this mission, but the end chapter is all-out tank-on-tank annihilation.
There's even a section where you have to stealthily infiltrate enemy camps and steal spark plugs. It adds a nice little change of pace to things, and you can ride a horse to boot.
The most enjoyable part of this mission is just blowing things up. I'm in awe of how many things you can destroy in this game; it feels like the very environment itself can be torn apart. You'll be rolling over trees, blasting entire buildings to rubble, smashing massive windmills to bits, and massacring troopers left and right.
The feeling of invincibility is made even stronger by the fact that you can easily repair your tank at any moment, somewhat cheapening gameplay and making it feel artificial.
Again, that sense of realism is sacrificed for an enjoyable arcade-style experience, and that's basically what War Stories is all about.
PRICING: You can find Battlefield 1 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Battlefield 1 retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Battlefield 1 retails for £40 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Through Mud and Blood]
- Page 3 [Friends in High Places]
- Page 4 [Avanti Savoia!]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design