The box has a large picture of the notebook with red highlights since the product's color theme is red and black. Packaging is very well done, and the product is very safe inside thick foam that is custom designed for a snug fit.
There are a few accessories including an AC/DC power supply, external DVD drive, WASD key replacement caps, and some manuals. The power supply is rated at 230W (20V @ 11.5A).
The keyboard is mechanical, and you can hear the tiny click from each key as you press it down. The WASD key replacement kit comes with a tool to remove the stock black keys and replace them with red, as I did.
The top and bottom of the unit both use a brushed metal material, which uses an interesting cross pattern. There is a big "Y" in the center of the top of the unit, which is made of plastic but is illuminated. The bottom of the unit features big red air intake vents and a triangular subwoofer vent. There are four big rubber feet to keep the unit steady on a slippery surface. On either side are vents that house antenna.
There are no ports at the front of the unit, but the rear features two very large exhaust vents. The right side of the unit has two USB 2.0 ports, a Kensington lock slot, headphone jack, microphone jack, SD card slot, and indicator LEDs. The left side of the unit features two USB 3.0 ports, a USB 3.0 type-C port, HDMI, DisplayPort, charging port, and RJ-45 LAN.
An up-close of the top of the unit reveals the texture of the brushed aluminum. The bottom of the unit has many vents, and Lenovo paid attention to detail and lined them with silver plastic.
The speakers are hidden beneath red vents at the top side of the unit. The speakers are angled towards the user, and towards the center of the notebook is a customizable light bar.
The keyboard is full sized, and even with larger fingers, you will not have problems. On the left side of the keyboard are macro keys, and in the upper right is a Turbo slider. You can individually select zone colors, which is a nice addition to an already loaded product. There are four Macro keys you can set up the keyboard with and customize many more keys with macro functions.
A dedicated Turbo slider button is a very nice touch. Function keys also double as special function keys, and the number pad has the remaining special function keys. The power button is in the upper right-hand corner of the unit.
The touchpad has a customizable ring that will light up one of many colors. The touchpad works well but does need better accuracy for click and move operations.
A 720p camera sits in the center of the top of the panel, and an array mic will pick up audio. Picture quality is decent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- AMD Radeon Vega details coming on February 28
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood