Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Z170X-UD3 Ultra uses a Realtek ALC892 audio codec with some Nichicon Gold series audio-grade capacitors.
Intel's Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 controller is used and configured to support Thunderbolt 3 operation when a user plugs a mini-display port input signal from their discrete GPU. A Texas Instruments TPS65982 type-C controller and USB Power Delivery 2.0 chip is used to ensure proper Thunderbolt 3 operation. The Z170X-UD3 Ultra supports 100W output on the type-C port, and that is achieved using a boost converter, whose components are located to the right of the Thunderbolt 3 controller.
The Intel i219v is hidden beneath a metal shield. The IT8628E is the central SuperIO controller that provides PS/2 as well as system monitoring. Two 128Mbit (16MB) ROMs hold the UEFI and provide DualBIOS for protection from BIOS corruption.
Four ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E quick switches move two PCI-E 3.0 lanes each, the four in a straight line switch x8 of PCI-E 3.0 between the first and second PCI-E x16 slots.
The back of the motherboard has tons of blue LEDs.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard retails for $183 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-UD3 Ultra Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms Black Pearl; comes with more storage
- Pewdiepie to delete his channel later today
- NASA joins Giphy with almost 500 awesome GIFs
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD