A new level of performance and capacity on the M.2 form factor is what Samsung's 2TB 960 Pro NVMe SSD brings to the table. What more could you ask for? Sure, the drive is expensive, but look what you get. We can't think of any other piece of hardware that can impact one's overall user experience like the 960 Pro can. It is hard to believe that such a tiny SSD can deliver performance on this level. This is a testament to Samsung's leadership in the SSD arena.
If you just can't see spending $1300 on an SSD, then you won't have to wait long, because the next bullet in Samsung's chamber is the low-cost 960 EVO, which is the second-fastest SSD ever made. However, if you want the best SSD ever made then Samsung's 2TB 960 Pro is THE SSD for you. The 960 Pro is not just another piece of hardware; it is an investment in your user experience. The Samsung 960 Pro is superior to the competition in every way. If you are on the fence waiting for Optane to hit, don't hold your breath, because it will likely be a long wait and even more expensive.
As we explained earlier, we do not have Samsung's newest NVMe driver in hand at this time. The new driver might deliver even better performance, but we feel this is unlikely given the results we were able to extract from the 960 Pro. We do know a bit more about Samsung's revamped Magician software. The new Magician will have an intuitive user interface that will visually display what drive you are running, allow you to secure-erase individual files, instantly see the condition of the drive in an easy to decipher format, check system compatibility, along with many other useful features.
Needless to say, the user experience delivered by Samsung's 960 Pro is second to none. The drive is nothing short of incredible. If you have to have the best, then you have to have a 2TB Samsung 960 Pro. It is as simple as that. Samsung's 960 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD is TweakTown recommended.
- Build Quality
- Most Appealing Form Factor
- Price (maybe)
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||100%|
|Bundle and Packaging||100%|
|Value for Money||99%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||100%|
The Bottom Line: We feel Samsung's 2TB 960 Pro is the best SSD ever made. It is an investment in what matters most; your personal user experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook