Physical Overview Continued
The screen can be tilted a maximum of roughly 110 degrees. The hinges are large and strong.
Opening up the unit proved to be easier than expected. Just remove the screws and open her up. There doesn't seem to be any room for adding more memory or storage, but you can easily replace parts if required. The battery pack isn't what we typically see in notebooks, it has a more rudimentary look and is designed to fit in a dedicated space.
Two 8GB Crucial DDR4 modules produce a total of 16GB in dual channel. There is a Transcend 256GB M.2 SSD; I believe it operates in SATA mode. The hard drive is from HSGT, and the WIFI/BT M.2 device is an Intel 8260NGW.
The heat sink utilizes three heat pipes and cools the CPU and GPU at the same time. The blower fan is large, but it does a solid job of cooling the CPU and GPU even when gaming. The unit doesn't get too loud, but it produces noticeable noise when maxed out.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook retails for $1499 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook retails for £1449 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017