The box keeps things simple; its color theme matches that of the notebook. Packaging is done well; the notebook shouldn't get damaged unless the shell of the box is breached.
There are almost no accessories apart from a power brick, some DVDs, and manuals. For recovery, a program will make a recovery USB drive, and it will prompt you to do so when you first boot into Windows. The Delta power brick is rated at roughly 180W.
The top of the unit is a composite plastic that feels smooth to the touch. A simple reflective GIGABYTE logo sits in the center, and there is slight edging towards the back of the notebook. The bottom of the unit features air intake vents, those directly below the blower fan have some sort of dust trap. There are five large rubber legs that should hold the notebook in place on a glass surface.
The front of the notebook features some status LEDs and an SD card slot, there are also speaker vents on the right and left sides. The rear of the notebook is surprisingly clear of ports and vents. The right side of the notebook features a headphone jack, a microphone jack, two USB 3.0 ports, a DVD slot, and a DC power jack. On the left side of the notebook is a Kensington lock slot, a huge exhaust vent, a VGA (D-SUB) port, an RJ-45 1GBit LAN port, an HDMI 2.0 port, a USB 3.1 type-C port, and a USB 3.0 port.
The P55W v6 has a full QWERTY keyboard with large keys; special function keys require you to hold down Fn before they are activated. There is also a number pad, which is crammed in there but does prove to be useful. It's a very basic keyboard layout; the keyboard is backlit, but the backlighting is very dim so you won't notice it in bright settings. The power button is top and center and is nicely styled.
The touchpad is smooth and soft. I did find that at certain points it had a tough time distinguishing between a two finger touch and one finger moving and the other clicking. Since there are no dedicated right and left click mouse buttons, you will have to get used to clicking on the touchpad. You can easily customize the touchpad to be more or less sensitive to button area touches.
There is an HD camera with dual array microphones; picture quality is decent for web content but nothing spectacular.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook retails for $1499 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook retails for £1449 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- ZOTAC has your back with GTX 1070-powered VR GO backpack
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards