Lots of folks have been raving about this new CH-UTT memory. Though it is very power hungry, we have seen that you can still pull off very workable speeds even on motherboards that don't have the outrageous VDIMM options. Running at 2.8v with no active cooling in place still gave us a very solid 20% increase in memory speeds. Given the results I was receiving, I have no doubt that it would go a good deal higher if I had the 3v+ power levels available.
Now you may be thinking that there is no way you could afford memory like this, but you might be surprised. This dual-channel memory kit has a MSRP of US$159 but a quick check online shows it available for as little as $129. This is very reasonable for a 1GB kit of performance minded memory. Oh, you might also be happy to hear that Mushkin offers a lifetime warranty on this memory kit. This warranty is good for those who use up to 2.9v through the modules also, so compare this with the regular modules that are only warranted at 2.5v!
One item of note is for those who may have an OEM system and are looking for a memory upgrade. In this case I would not recommend this kit as it is unlikely you will have the option of raising the VDIMM to a level where these modules will work well. At the standard VDIMM setting of only 2.5v, this memory kit offered no stability even at 200MHz speeds. As long as you can keep voltage levels at a minimum of 2.7v you'll do fine, but the higher the better for these babies.
Bottom line... If you're looking for high-quality memory in a dual channel rig, keep these Mushkin modules toward the top of your shopping list. With solid performance at lower voltages and the ability to handle upwards of 3.5v+, you'll be hard pressed to find better performance for your enthusiast rig.
Matched dual-channel kit
Good overclocked speeds
Able to handle very high voltages
Needs a minimum of 2.7v
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's MUST HAVE Best Performance Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99