When you refer to memory modules, you generally think of simple things like size and speed. In that regard, this set of modules falls into the category of 2x 512MB modules with a speed rating of PC3200, or DDR400. For those who are newer to the DIY scene, this means that you're looking at a pair of 512MB modules that are designed to run at a FSB speed of 200MHz with an effective speed of 400MHz since the memory is DDR (Double Data Rate).
Additionally, this is a matched set designed to be used in a dual-channel configuration, which gives even more performance to the memory speeds in those systems that support this feature.
To get even deeper into the specifications of these modules, I can also tell you that they are designed to be run at tight memory timings of 2-3-2-6 with the Command Rate set to 1T. This is another way that Mushkin tries to help your system run even faster than your normal rig.
But what is this "Redline" thing I mentioned earlier? Simply put it means that this memory is designed to run at voltages that make normal RAM chips shudder in fear. The recommended default voltage is 2.7v, up from the 2.5v you would normally use with DDR memory. But the 2.7v default is only half of the story here. These modules can also take a monstrous voltage level of 3.5v! This can make a huge difference when it comes to overclocking your system memory.
One word of caution however... if you are going to run high voltages, you MUST use active cooling on the memory modules! You've been warned.
So how are these modules able to stay alive at such high voltage levels? By using Winbond CH-UTT chips on a black 6-layer PCB. The CH-UTT chips being used are notorious for being power hogs, but they have been achieving exceptional speeds when you feed it enough juice.
So enough chatter, lets find out if this stuff can perform!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to hold in-store Switch demos before release
- Nintendo expect 2 million Switch console sales at launch
- New Wii U Minecraft software update ready to download
- Microsoft begins Xbox One S deals, includes Gold access
- Windows 10 VR paving way for Project Scorpio VR gaming
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards