Packaging and a Closer Look
The packaging starts of the same as any Synology appliance. We have a brown box housing a sticker that carries all the information about the NAS.
The scope of delivery of this appliance gives us two Ethernet cables, power adapter, and drive screws.
Pulling the NAS from the box, we get an idea of how small this device is. With that said, it still has many of the same exterior features that we find on the full-size appliances. This includes six LEDs across the front four of which show activity for the drives and the top two for LAN.
The backside houses the drive trays, which are plastic and do require screws to fasten the drives. To the right, we have both Ethernet ports with USB 3.0 above and power below.
To give you an even better idea of the size of this NAS, I have lined up an HGST 7K1000 2.5" HDD in front of the appliance.
Internally, the backplane does have SAS cutouts although the Armada only supports the SATA interface.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DS416slim Four-Bay 2.5" NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS416slim Four-Bay 2.5" NAS retails for $290 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS416slim Four-Bay 2.5" NAS retails for £256 at Amazon UK.
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – Single Client and Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Workload Performance and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential phone is stunning and powerful
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card