After installing the SteelSeries Engine 3 software, this is the first window that is presented. It does state on this Window that the software recognizes our APEX M500 as being connected, and we can also see that there is an upgrade to the firmware ready for us to flash onto the M500.
By clicking on the name of the keyboard in the last window, we are taken to this. Here we are offered the Macro Manager at the top left, above a column clickable to start the keyboard remapping. The image of the keyboard in the middle is on a live preview status, so any changes will be made visible once set, but to the right, we can adjust the brightness of the LEDs, we can adjust the polling rate, and we can even pick the region in which the keyboard is used.
By clicking on a letter in the left column, a second window appears to start with the key remapping. Ten preset categories offer many options in each one - it is also where you would apply a Macro. This is also where delays, repeat rates and even chose if the command is activated with the key being pressed or being released.
The Macro Editor can be opened by clicking the "Launch" button near the top of the main window. On the left is where the Macros will be listed, and is where you will add them starting new Macros. The larger window to the right is where the key presses will be recorded with the use of the big red button at the bottom right corner. Along with being able to clear a Macro completely, there is a gear icon which brings up the smaller menu for the three recording methods you can choose to use.
In the tab marked library, it allows users to add games and programs into this section. This way when creating Macros and remapping things, you can tie them to specific tasks. Once an application has been added, you may then start to program the keyboard, tied to said profile, and it will automatically load once the specific application has been started.
While the SSE3 software offers something called Gamesense, it does not apply to our APEX M500. The message in the middle clearly states to connect a compatible product, and with SSE3 already recognizing our product, it obviously lacks the support for. In essence, Gamesense is a way to put real-time information onto the keyboard. Think along the lines of health status, potion readiness, or environmental effects.
PRICING: You can find the SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $88 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard retails for £90 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [SteelSeries APEX M500 Pro-Gaming Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [SteelSeries APEX M500 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 8 prices to allegedly start from $1,100 to $1,200
- Corsair majority stake bought for $525 million
- Google Daydream to have 11 devices by the end of 2017
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available