Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
The top of the box for our APEX M500 uses dark grays for the background, with a bold splash of orange to the right to attract your attention. SteelSeries also provides a large image of the keyboard across this panel, with small notations at the bottom for the use of Cherry MX switches, and the fact it is backlit with blue LEDs.
On the left end of the box, we look at a view of the left end of the keyboard sporting the SteelSeries name, which is molded into the plastic frame. We also see that this is the APEX M500, and is noted as a mechanical Pro-Gaming keyboard.
The majority of this side of the box carries the color bands of gray over from the front, but at the far end, we see this notation. It says here, that the M500 has been designed with the world's best eSports teams, and lists the teams who had a hand in developing this keyboard.
While we fully expected to see the right end of the keyboard on the right side of the box, we see that SteelSeries simplified the imagery and used the same image and text on this end as we saw on the opposing small panel.
The majority of this panel off to the right delivers an image of the M500 illuminated, as well as the products naming, but this end shows off the key features. We see mentions of the switch type, the LED color, the lifespan of the switches, and that this keyboard offers NKRO support by default.
The back of the box uses a large image of the APEX M500 taking up most of the space. To the left, SteelSeries mentions the switches used and their lifespan, at the bottom features, are listed in a few languages. At the right side, this is where we get a hint at what is capable via the SSE3 software that accompanies the APEX M500.
Inside of the box, we find that the M500 is wrapped in plastic to protect the finishes applied to it, and in the gap near the back, the cord is slid into it and wrapped under the keyboard for transit. Simple is sometimes better, and in this matter, our SteelSeries APEX M500 arrived in perfect condition with not a mark on it.
Along with the cable found under the keyboard, we also found the literature and sticker set. The guide is exactly that; it simply shows how to connect the product, and where to go to get the software downloaded. The sticker sheet offers three stickers, two of which are company logo and names, one in black, and one in white. It is hard to see, but on the right end, there is also a larger logo with a much smaller company name on that sticker. These can go anywhere your heart desires.
PRICING: You can find the SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $88 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard retails for £90 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [SteelSeries APEX M500 Pro-Gaming Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [SteelSeries APEX M500 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Samsung and Qualcomm negotiating over Snapdragon 845?
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 takes 5 minutes to load on PS4
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club