There was a lot to like with Palit's GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition, with silent operation during all of my testing, all while it looking super stylish. The look of the card is something that you'll either enjoy or not - there's no in between here. It's a specific card for an audience that wants or likes the GameRock branding on the back.
Performance wise the card was great, with 60FPS+ in all of our 1440p game testing, while 1080p easily scales past 120FPS. I wouldn't recommend buying any GeForce GTX 1070 and pushing for 4K gaming, as I think gamers should be aiming for 60FPS minimum on PC. 60FPS isn't easy to achieve on any card when we're talking about 4K, but the Palit GTX 1070 GameRock card does a good job hitting around 50FPS average in our games.
I was able to hit a pretty respectable Boost clock of 2037MHz on the Palit GTX 1070 GameRock, without running into troubles. Anything over 2045/2050MHz or so, and it was completely unstable.
GameRock Styling - I liked the style of the GameRock branding, mainly because of the blue/white colors used on the cooler.
Performance - Just like the rest of the GeForce GTX 1070 graphics cards, we have great performance in all resolutions.
Blue/White Look - This is going to be an interesting choice for gamers who are building a specifically styled PC.
GameRock Styling - Double-edge sword here, Palit.
Thicker 2.5-Slot Design - I would definitely like the card more if it was a dual-slot card. It's too thick.
Palit has impressed me like they always do, even with the GameRock Premium Edition branding being front and center, the performance side of the card is at the levels you'd expect from a GeForce GTX 1070.
If you're gaming at 1080p or 1440p then you'll have no problems hitting 60FPS in the games on the market right now, and even Battlefield 1 and Gears of War 4 that are both around the corner. 4K gaming is still out of our hands for 60FPS on a single card with Ultra settings, but you could drop a few settings and hit 60FPS on the Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition.
For those building a new rock-themed gaming PC, the Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition should be the only card on your radar. For the rest, it's another GTX 1070 that has great performance (which is no surprise). The GTX 1070 Jetstream, however, is on my list of graphics cards I'm salivating over. What's the ETA, Palit?
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (overclocking, power)||95%|
|Quality (build, design, cooling)||95%|
|General Features (display outputs, etc)||95%|
|Bundle, Packaging & Software||80%|
|Value for Money||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Palit goes for an interesting style with their GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition, with a specific rock-style look that should appeal to the rock fan gamers in the world.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specs, & The Card]
- Page 2 [Testing Methods & Bench Rig Specs]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Synthetic & DX12]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks @ 1080p]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- Nintendo wants to make Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi anime
- Radeon Vega Frontier barely beats GTX 1080 in tests
- Halo Wars 2's latest update includes multi-GPU support
- ASRock Motherboard Problem! Please Help!
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus