AMD Athlon 64 has become the ultimate in gaming processors. It was clear from the beginning that AMD was going to dominate its gaming platforms over the Intel counterparts. Athlon 64 with its integrated on CPU memory controller, built in Northbridge as well as its latest high speed K8 architecture, there is definitely a reason to support the AMD Athlon 64 widely.
The Athlon 64 has been a little behind the times in terms of adding its support for PCI-Express, however, this is not because of an issue with AMD but rather with the third party companies that support AMD Athlon 64 like nVidia, ATI, ULi and VIA.
Intel got the drop on AMD when it came to PCI Express support, it was a good 6 months before AMD Athlon 64 managed to even get its CPU's on a PCI-E platform. nVidia was actually the first to bring it to market with VIA following close behind, and today we are taking a look at the VIA offering for K8 with PCI-E support.
Today we take a look at the Gigabyte K8T890-9 motherboard designed for Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64's with support for the latest Athlon 64 x2 processors which is based on VIA's K8T890 chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 3 [Features - Package and Motherboard]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 4 [Features - The Chipsets]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 5 [Features - Overclocking]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Gigabyte K8VT890-9 - Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel