Single Client Throughput
HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player, 256kB reads
2HD Video Play - 2x playback
4HD Video Play - 4x playback
HD Video Record - 720p HD stream, 256kB writes
File Copy from NAS - 4GB file copy, 64kB reads
File Copy to NAS - 64kB writes
I tested the TVS-682 both with and without caching - the cache drive used was a Crucial MX200.
As you can see in our RAID 0 chart, the cache didn't help much over a single Gbe connection. In fact, in some cases, we lost performance.
RAID 5 did get a very slight boost from the cache while the standard setup was able to reach a peak of 115 MB/s in playback and 110 MB/s in file copy.
RAID 6 shared similar performance, topping out at 114 MB/s in playback and 112 MB/s in file copy.
112 MB/s was the peak for our RAID 10 array while adding in the cache brought that to 122 MB/s.
Benchmarks – SMB Performance
SMB performance is tested over several test sizes including 100, 800, 1000 and 8000M with each test ran three times. The average of these three runs is recorded in the charts.
The TVS-682 performed quite well with RAID 0 at 116 MB/s while RAID 5 and 6 came in at 109 MB/s and 88 MB/s, respectively. RAID 10 wasn't quite able to match RAID 0 and landed at 89 MB/s.
Write performance, on the other hand, showed steady performance across all RAID modes including RAID 5 and 6 where I expected to see more of a performance hit.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS retails for $1299 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS retails for £1126 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel