Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging for the TVS includes a large brown box and sticker that covers many of the specifications for this unit. In bold to the top right, we have 8GB of memory and the Intel Core i3 logo.
Pulling this unit from the box, you can get an idea of the hybrid platform this model uses. At the bottom, we have four 3.5" bays for your capacity driven mechanical drives like the 10TB IronWolf from Seagate, while two 2.5" drive trays allow for SATA SSD installation.
The backplane is outfitted with four SATA ports.
The 2.5" backplane is setup for two SATA drives.
Diving to the back of this appliance, we have a whole host of connectivity options including two 6.2mm jack inputs for microphones next to four USB 3.0. Moving down, we have four gigabit Ethernet ports and three HDMI ports (one of which is 2.0 capable).
Diving inside the NAS, I found an FSP 250-watt power supply which is certainly sufficient for the system fully loaded.
A wider view shows the motherboard layout with the CPU to the right and memory slots in the center. A large squirrel cage fan pushes air through the low profile heat sink.
Pulling the shroud, we find both of the m.2 slots.
Part of the scope of delivery includes the remote and m.2 heat sinks. To the left, we also have four Ethernet cables and the power cable below it.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS retails for $1299 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS retails for £1126 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017