Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging for the TVS includes a large brown box and sticker that covers many of the specifications for this unit. In bold to the top right, we have 8GB of memory and the Intel Core i3 logo.
Pulling this unit from the box, you can get an idea of the hybrid platform this model uses. At the bottom, we have four 3.5" bays for your capacity driven mechanical drives like the 10TB IronWolf from Seagate, while two 2.5" drive trays allow for SATA SSD installation.
The backplane is outfitted with four SATA ports.
The 2.5" backplane is setup for two SATA drives.
Diving to the back of this appliance, we have a whole host of connectivity options including two 6.2mm jack inputs for microphones next to four USB 3.0. Moving down, we have four gigabit Ethernet ports and three HDMI ports (one of which is 2.0 capable).
Diving inside the NAS, I found an FSP 250-watt power supply which is certainly sufficient for the system fully loaded.
A wider view shows the motherboard layout with the CPU to the right and memory slots in the center. A large squirrel cage fan pushes air through the low profile heat sink.
Pulling the shroud, we find both of the m.2 slots.
Part of the scope of delivery includes the remote and m.2 heat sinks. To the left, we also have four Ethernet cables and the power cable below it.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS retails for $1299 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The QNAP TVS-682 (Core i3-6100) 4+2 Bay Turbo vNAS retails for £1126 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel