Hardware & Documentation
In a small bag, we found all the hardware needed to get the system built. There are four thumbscrews, which we are not sure why they are included, a motherboard speaker, and a socket and a few standoffs. There is also a large amount of fan screws, PSU screws, Chroma bracket screws, SSD screws, and the motherboard screws.
Standard plastic rails are also offered to install the 3.5" drives. Simply align the pins into the screw holes of the HDD, and slide them and the drive into the cage until the clips lock into place. There are thin rubber pads around the pins which should help to eliminate any vibrations that might otherwise pass through them and into the chassis.
BitFenix includes five plastic zip-ties to help manage the wiring. They also send along this AURA ready Chroma SSD bracket. This mounts to the bottom of an SSD or any 2.5" drive, and with the switch on the front of the chassis, it will illuminate the LED strip to the right in many color choices. Just keep pushing the button until the desired color is achieved.
The manual is thorough, covers how many of each bit you should have in the hardware, and through large renderings and a few choice words here and there, they should get you through the build process.
BitFenix also sent us a few fans, and with a bunch of empty holes to fill, these white LED Spectre Xtreme LED fans will fill this chassis nicely. We will be testing the chassis with just the stock fan, as well as with it filled up, but keep in mind this is a $57.97 upgrade.
In that same box, we also found these sets of Alchemy 2.0 LED kits. On the left are 30cm and 60cm kits of LED strips. But they come with a magnetic control box as well as magnetic switches to turn the LEDs on and off, or adjust the various colors. The kits to the right are the standard variety, but can be added on to the end of the other two kits. At the minimum, to have this amount of lighting to add in, this is at least $80 is lighting, and realistically much closer to $100.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse