Hardware & Documentation
In a small bag, we found all the hardware needed to get the system built. There are four thumbscrews, which we are not sure why they are included, a motherboard speaker, and a socket and a few standoffs. There is also a large amount of fan screws, PSU screws, Chroma bracket screws, SSD screws, and the motherboard screws.
Standard plastic rails are also offered to install the 3.5" drives. Simply align the pins into the screw holes of the HDD, and slide them and the drive into the cage until the clips lock into place. There are thin rubber pads around the pins which should help to eliminate any vibrations that might otherwise pass through them and into the chassis.
BitFenix includes five plastic zip-ties to help manage the wiring. They also send along this AURA ready Chroma SSD bracket. This mounts to the bottom of an SSD or any 2.5" drive, and with the switch on the front of the chassis, it will illuminate the LED strip to the right in many color choices. Just keep pushing the button until the desired color is achieved.
The manual is thorough, covers how many of each bit you should have in the hardware, and through large renderings and a few choice words here and there, they should get you through the build process.
BitFenix also sent us a few fans, and with a bunch of empty holes to fill, these white LED Spectre Xtreme LED fans will fill this chassis nicely. We will be testing the chassis with just the stock fan, as well as with it filled up, but keep in mind this is a $57.97 upgrade.
In that same box, we also found these sets of Alchemy 2.0 LED kits. On the left are 30cm and 60cm kits of LED strips. But they come with a magnetic control box as well as magnetic switches to turn the LEDs on and off, or adjust the various colors. The kits to the right are the standard variety, but can be added on to the end of the other two kits. At the minimum, to have this amount of lighting to add in, this is at least $80 is lighting, and realistically much closer to $100.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4