Inside the Aurora
Removing the front bezel is easy with the opening at the bottom allowing it to be pulled off. Inside of the bezel is steel mesh in front of a honeycomb of plastic, no external bay cover to remove, and the bottom has a large plate blocking some of the intake. The front of the chassis has a raised section that allows either a pair of 120mm or 140mm fan to be placed there.
Inside of the Aurora we see the hardware is strapped to the motherboard tray on the left side, and the wiring is bundled and held in a grommet to keep it from rubbing the inside of the glass panel. There is also a dense foam ring around the chassis opening, which keeps the glass from being scratched or vibrating against the steel.
Typically, this is where we would discuss a pair of 5.25" bays, but since the bezel is solid, this area sports a rack for 3.5" drives. This rack uses slides for the drives to go in with, so there is no need for, nor are there any screw holes.
In this image, we see a 2.5" drive tray mounted to the motherboard tray. Just below that, placed on the floor of the chassis, is a cage for an additional pair of 3.5" drives. If you planned to water cool in front of the chassis, this is removable and allows for better access for such needs.
At the top of the chassis, once we removed the top cover, we find the 120mm and 140mm mounting. This section is raised so that fans and a radiator can be installed, and not cause conflict with the top of the motherboard. BitFenix has also installed a reservoir mounting bracket in this area, which can also be used in front of the chassis.
The motherboard tray is accepting of most form factors, even up to E-ATX, and has a large hole in it to access CPU cooler back plates. There are five holes along the top and right sides, some with grommets, and seventeen places to tie up the wiring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives