Inside the Aurora
Removing the front bezel is easy with the opening at the bottom allowing it to be pulled off. Inside of the bezel is steel mesh in front of a honeycomb of plastic, no external bay cover to remove, and the bottom has a large plate blocking some of the intake. The front of the chassis has a raised section that allows either a pair of 120mm or 140mm fan to be placed there.
Inside of the Aurora we see the hardware is strapped to the motherboard tray on the left side, and the wiring is bundled and held in a grommet to keep it from rubbing the inside of the glass panel. There is also a dense foam ring around the chassis opening, which keeps the glass from being scratched or vibrating against the steel.
Typically, this is where we would discuss a pair of 5.25" bays, but since the bezel is solid, this area sports a rack for 3.5" drives. This rack uses slides for the drives to go in with, so there is no need for, nor are there any screw holes.
In this image, we see a 2.5" drive tray mounted to the motherboard tray. Just below that, placed on the floor of the chassis, is a cage for an additional pair of 3.5" drives. If you planned to water cool in front of the chassis, this is removable and allows for better access for such needs.
At the top of the chassis, once we removed the top cover, we find the 120mm and 140mm mounting. This section is raised so that fans and a radiator can be installed, and not cause conflict with the top of the motherboard. BitFenix has also installed a reservoir mounting bracket in this area, which can also be used in front of the chassis.
The motherboard tray is accepting of most form factors, even up to E-ATX, and has a large hole in it to access CPU cooler back plates. There are five holes along the top and right sides, some with grommets, and seventeen places to tie up the wiring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GDC 2017 tease Ghost Recon Wildlands technology video
- GTX 1080 Ti teased in Halo Wars 2 official requirements
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- Microsoft shipping HoloLens 2, directly into HoloLens 3
- Xbox boss: Microsoft is making new PC exclusive games
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league