Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out well above Sonnet's listed sequential specifications, especially on the sequential read side of things. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. The Tempo ramps up fast. The highest sequential read performance is achieved at 256KB transfers. The highest sequential write performance is achieved at 512KB transfers.
We decided to throw the Tempo into the fire and compare performance with today's fastest NVMe based SSDs. The Tempo hangs in there quite nicely even surpassing the sequential write performance of the 950 Pro. Toshiba's XG3 and RD400 deliver the best sequential write performance of the bunch.
The Tempo delivers far superior performance in comparison to Intel's 750 Series NVMe SSDs at transfers of up to 512KB. Samsung's 950 Pro crushes the competition at transfers of up to 256KB.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. Regarding overall scoring, the Tempo delivers a nice score even though it is the lowest overall. This is to be expected from an AHCI-based SSD versus NVMe SSDs because the NVMe protocol inherently provides higher IOPS. If we focus on read performance, the Tempo easily outperforms Intel's 750 Series NVMe SSDs.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
If you look closely, the Tempo does outperform the Intel 750's up to QD8.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
The Tempo is last across the board. However, it hangs in there with the 950 Pro at QD4 and beyond. This portion of the test falls into the 1.2TB Intel 750's wheelhouse, and it dominates from start to finish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Chatbot Elon will help you manage your car
- How Mario Rabbids crossover is a big missed opportunity
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning