Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out well above Sonnet's listed sequential specifications, especially on the sequential read side of things. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. The Tempo ramps up fast. The highest sequential read performance is achieved at 256KB transfers. The highest sequential write performance is achieved at 512KB transfers.
We decided to throw the Tempo into the fire and compare performance with today's fastest NVMe based SSDs. The Tempo hangs in there quite nicely even surpassing the sequential write performance of the 950 Pro. Toshiba's XG3 and RD400 deliver the best sequential write performance of the bunch.
The Tempo delivers far superior performance in comparison to Intel's 750 Series NVMe SSDs at transfers of up to 512KB. Samsung's 950 Pro crushes the competition at transfers of up to 256KB.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. Regarding overall scoring, the Tempo delivers a nice score even though it is the lowest overall. This is to be expected from an AHCI-based SSD versus NVMe SSDs because the NVMe protocol inherently provides higher IOPS. If we focus on read performance, the Tempo easily outperforms Intel's 750 Series NVMe SSDs.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
If you look closely, the Tempo does outperform the Intel 750's up to QD8.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
The Tempo is last across the board. However, it hangs in there with the 950 Pro at QD4 and beyond. This portion of the test falls into the 1.2TB Intel 750's wheelhouse, and it dominates from start to finish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup