CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
3DMark: Cloud Gate
3DMark: Fire Strike
I have decided to test motherboard performance based upon a standardized 4GHz profile for the new X99 refresh motherboards. The base frequency of the 6950X is 3GHz, but since Intel's Turbo profile allows for a single core to hit 4GHz, some motherboards will take any number (sometimes all) of the cores to 4GHz at stock settings, and this creates a huge performance disparity at stock. In all these tests I ran the CPU at 4GHz on all cores, the cache at 3.5GHz, and memory at 2666MHz with timings 16-18-18-36 T2, and allowed the motherboard to set the rest of the timings itself.
The X99A Gaming Pro Carbon's benchmark results are in line with the rest of the X99 motherboards I have tested. I will mention that CPU performance was quite strong, but that memory performance could have been a little better.
PRICING: You can find the MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard retails for $330 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard retails for £349 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft to announce Xbox One X pre-order details soon
- VRAM prices increase over 30% in August alone
- Netflix to spend $7 billion on content in 2018
- Intel's next-gen Ice Lake CPUs announced SUPER EARLY
- Destiny 2's new 4K trailer: PC master race goodness
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes