ASUS's Gaming Center is where you will find a lot of ASUS's unique features, including overclocking. You can launch utilities from a small panel in the lower right corner. You are also able to control lighting and other effects.
The Gaming Center also allows you to disable the touchpad and control audio features. The notebook also has Macro keys, and you can customize them through Gaming Profile Settings.
Overclocking is done through the Turbo Gear Settings menu. You can increase the multiplier to 38x and control the BCLK. There are standard and extreme presets along with manual tuning. Once you choose your settings, a warning pops up and shows you how to recover if the overclock fails. After accepting the disclaimer, the system will restart and apply your overclock.
The MacroKey utility lets you link software applications to the keys. Sonic Studio II allows you to choose audio effects.
Sonic Radar II provides gaming specific effects customized per game. ASUS's GameFirst IV utility allows you to control network traffic.
ASUS's WebStorage application allows you to setup a personal cloud. ASUS's Live Update utility will automatically check for newer driver and software versions and allow you to update them simply.
ASUS Smart Gesture lets you customize the touchpad. ASUS USB Charger+ allows you to increase charging current at the designated USB port on the right side of the notebook.
When you first boot into Windows, ASUS's welcome application shows you around. ASUS also provides an On-Screen Display Utility.
The BIOS on the ASUS G701 looks very basic, and it does not offer much over what you might expect from an OEM system. Overclocking has to be done through ASUS's Windows application. The 1TB RAID 0 array is already setup, and the OS is already installed. You won't need to enter the BIOS to have a solid experience with the notebook.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG G701 17.3" Overclockable Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG G701 17.3" Overclockable Gaming Notebook retails for $3270 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel