The box is sleek and has decent styling. The box features a picture of the notebook and has a handle for easy carrying.
There are not too many accessories. The package includes a SICA gaming mouse, the power brick, AC power cord, manual, lint free cloth, and Velcro cable ties.
The power supply is from Delta Electronics. It is rated 19.5v and 11.8a for a total of 230 watts. The included ROG mouse is a nice touch; any real gamer will use a dedicated mouse for gaming.
The top of the unit uses some brushed aluminum or plastic that has the same touch characteristics. With the weight of the hardware, it makes sense to use lightweight plastics for the shell. The ROG logo and rear accent help improve the aesthetic appeal of the notebook. Two diagonal lines light up when the unit is powered on. The bottom of the unit has air intake vents, four large rubber feet, eight rubber caps for screws, and a window that shows some illumination of the hardware underneath.
The front of the unit is bare of ports, but there are two speaker slits. The rear of the device has two exhaust vents on either side and at the center is the DC power jack. The right side of the notebook has an RJ-45 LAN port, USB 3.1 type-C, Thunderbolt 3 (also type-C), mini-DisplayPort out, HDMI out, and a USB 3.0 charging port. The left side of the notebook has a Kensington lock slot, two USB 3.0 ports, microphone jack, headphone jack, and SD card reader. On both the right and left sides of the notebook are speaker slits.
The G701 has a full QWERTY keyboard with large keys. The keys don't have a rubber finish, but they do have red lettering, and they should stand up to modest wear and tear. There is a power button located in the top-right corner of the keyboard. The keyboard also has a full number pad with a ROG key.
There is a slew of macro keys to the right of a streaming key; they can be programmed through ASUS's software. The entire keyboard, or if you like just sections, will light up red if you like.
The touchpad has a soft to the touch surface and is one of the nicer ones I have encountered. The right and left click buttons are very large if you like that sort of thing. Status LEDs are also present but at the lower left-hand edge of the notebook.
The 1.2 MP HD web camera and two microphones produce a decent combination for chats.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG G701 17.3" Overclockable Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG G701 17.3" Overclockable Gaming Notebook retails for $3270 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse